Here’s how I suggest you proceed. Go somewhere quiet — somewhere you will not be interrupted. Close your eyes. Now, take the pulse of your soul. Ask yourself, “How would I describe the current state of my faith?”
- Is my faith growing, or shrinking?
- Is it engaged, or yawning?
- Is it mystical, or highly rational?
- Is it far in the background of my daily life, or a clear lamp on my path?
- Is my faith stuck in a rut, or is it changing? Is the way I relate to Christianity, the Bible and the hymns of the church different than it was a year ago? Ten years ago?
This Sunday we are going to talk about the paths on which we find ourselves. So I really want to know: “How’s your faith?”
See you in worship,