Are you a prophet? Is there a Deborah or a Moses, an Ezekiel or an Anna inside of you, eager to deliver divine pronouncements?
- Has a seraph ever pressed a burning coal to your lips?
- Do you have visions of valleys filled with dancing bones or rivers flowing out the front door of our church?
- Are you prone to sprinkling insects—especially locusts—on your breakfast granola?
- Have you ever fled the wrath of a wicked king—or any elected ruler for that matter—hightailing it to the desert?
- Has God commanded you to walk around barefoot for the next three years?
- Are you eager to shave off all of your hair and throw it into the wind?
- Have you recently predicted the downfall of a nation? Or an NFL franchise?
- Would you be willing to bury your underwear under a rock by the Euphrates River?
- Have you ever looked at the world and said, “This is not right. We have got to change direction”?
- Have you ever made a comment like that, and followed it up with, “This is the Word of the Lord”?
If you have nodded “Yes” to any of these questions, you may have “The Gift of Prophesy.” To confirm, come this Sunday, when we will be talking about the role of prophets in the Bible, in our own lives, and in a world that sorely needs direction.
See you in worship,